How To Use the Tastee-Ring Burger Press
Use a strip of plastic wrap slightly wider than press. Lay one end over base. Place a lemon sized
amount of food on the plastic in the base.
Fold plastic over food, press firmly with top.
After first press, fold loose plastic edges over patty, then repress to seal. Ready for use
Plastic Wrap is the Key
Using plastic wrap with the Tastee-Rings Patty Press is a convenient way to prepare and store large quantities of food. The
grooved patties freeze faster and stay in quality condition, making them readily available for quick meals and cookouts. Patties
are 4½ inches in diameter, but the weight and thickness of the patties is controlled by the amount of food used. The thinnest
patty weighs about 3 ounces and is about 3/8 inch thick. Just add more food to make thicker patties.
Preparing Better Patties
- Select a plastic food wrap with good stretch and self-adhering qualities.
- Adjust patty thickness to your choice by using more or less food.
- Patties of a soft, sticky nature should be chilled or frozen before removing plastic wrap.
- Freeze patties on a flat tray, in a single layer, with folded plastic edges down to better preserve grooves.
- For long term storage, place convenient numbers of frozen patties in closeable freezer bags.
- Plastic film pulls easily from frozen patties. (Always Remove Before Cooking)
Do you have a great burger or patty recipe that you'd like to share with our visitors?
1 pound ground lamb
2 Tbsp. flour
1 egg, beaten
½ tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 Tbsp. olive oil
In a large bowl, mix the ground lamb with the flour, beaten egg, ground
nutmeg, and salt and pepper. Separate the mixture and make into 4 equal
patties per press instructions. On a hot grill cook patties for
approximately 5 minutes on each side (for a medium-rare burger) or until
desired degree of doneness. Lay the grilled lamburgers on top of bottom bun
half. Crumble the feta over patties. Drizzle some olive oil over the cheese.
Replace the bun top.
More Burger Press Recipes:
| Recipe Index